Here's my award!
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award's requirements.
7 THINGS ABOUT ME
- I lived with my grandfather as a child. He taught me to read at a very young age by holding me on his lap, reading storybooks to me, and pointing to each word.
- At the age of four, I decided I wanted to learn to play the piano. I walked to a nearby piano teacher's house, knocked on the door and announced "I'm here for piano lessons."
- I wrote my first novel at the age of 7 while I was in the hospital recuperating from an appendectomy. It was about a little girl who wanted a horse more than anything in the world. Write what you know, you know. It was written on the sheets from a tiny notepad. My grandfather patiently sat at my beside reading every scribbled word.
- I'm fascinated by languages. Although I speak only two languages fluently -- English and Spanish -- I have studied many more, including Japanese, French, German, Russian, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, and Samoan.
- I have a passion for Tarot cards. My collection includes over 100 different decks. I've also illustrated my own 22-card "Major Arcana" deck.
- I love music. Along with classical, I especially enjoy "space music", specifically "dark ambient isolationist" and "ambient goth". Favorite artists include Steve Roach, Sceptre, and Lustmord.
- I share my life with my wonderful husband, Ken, and a very squawky parrot named Anna, who sings along with opera and loves ginger cookies more than anything in the world