Friday, August 30, 2013

Author Spotlight: Samantha Combs




From Christina: Today, I have Samatha Combs in the Author Spotlight. She's a multi-published author with nine books ... so far. I'm sure there will be many more to come.

You can visit Samantha's author page at Amazon's Author Central for a complete listing of her books.






Christina: You’re a very prolific author. What is your daily writing routine, Samantha?

Samantha: I write mostly at night, after the house is asleep. Hard to write any other time with the kids.

Christina: Where do you get all your ideas?

Samantha: Happily,  they come to me in the strangest forms.  Mostly when I am in the shower or driving.  I have had to pull over at least a thousand times to jot a note in my phone about an idea I had, or a conversation I am having inside my head.  Have you ever noticed how psychotic writers sound?

Christina: I worry about that at times, LOL.  So, what’s one thing most people don’t know about you?

Samantha: How famous I will become. LOL

Christina: Great attitude! So, let’s talk a little about romance. What’s your favorite romantic dinner menu?

Samantha: Steak. I’m a steak girl. Steak and potatoes au gratin and asparagus.

Christina: Sounds good, especially the asparagus.   How about favorite music?

Samantha: Classic rock. And weirdly, Bruno Mars.

Christina: In your writing, what genres do you enjoy?

Samantha: YA paranormals and adult horror.

Christina: What advice would you give to aspiring authors:

Samantha:  I always tell them the same thing.  Get thick skin.  Get ready for rejection.  Use every one as a motivation to write more, write better.

Christina: What’s the most enjoyable thing on your journey as a writer?

Samantha: Having a perfect stranger tell me how much they loved my book. A perfect stranger. No one I am related to.

Christina: How much support do you receive from your family?

Samantha: My kids can name all nine of my books. And they celebrate with me when I complete one.

Christina: It’s great that you have support from your kids. I’m sure it’s not easy to keep up with writing and family obligations. How do you manage your schedule to balance writing with your other responsibilities?

Samantha:  As a writer, you find time.  You have to.  You can’t live if you don’t.

Christina: Do aspects of our life, such as hobbies or places you’ve traveled, show up in your writing?

Samantha: Not on purpose, but I have found that there is a part of me and my life in every one of my stories.  Either in setting, or a character, or an event.  All me.

Christina: Thank you so much for visiting today, Samantha. It’s been a pleasure chatting with you and getting to know more about you and your writing.  For my readers, I’ve included a link to your profile at Amazon’s Author Central. 


No comments:

Post a Comment