Saturday, May 5, 2012

Author Spotlight: Kacey Hammell

From Christina

Today, I'm pleased to present multi-published author, Kacey Hammell, in the Author Spotlight. Kaycee's interview was scheduled to run on May 1, but a few unfortunate delays happened on my end. I want to apologize again to Kacey and to others who might have looked for the "spotlight" feature earlier.

About Kacey: The Writer

Kacey is a multi-published author who was encouraged to write by her beloved husband and quickly found herself writing fast and furiously. Not that she’ll ever tell him those three dreadful words that he longs to hear…”You were right.”

Kacey is a true romantic at heart. Nothing is better for her than two fated mates coming together to find their happily-ever-after. With a love of contemporary settings, modern day romances and the happily ever after, as well as the excitement of suspense, Kacey creates stories in genres she’s familiar with and that she loves most. She also loves vampires who nibble the necks of the heroines, ghosts who can't leave a loved one, shape-shifters who are sexier than hell and the thought of her very own werewolf or were-cat to tame makes her tremble! Locked in her office, at her computer, she lets her lusty and exciting characters lead her through their trials and tribulations, love and their adventures. Detectives, P.I.’s, musicians, club owners, sassy and headstrong women all come to life in her heart and on paper.

About Kacey: The Wife and Mom

Born, raised and still living in her hometown in Ontario, Canada, Kacey found true love with her husband. As a Mom of three, Kacey has made certain that each of her children know the value of the written word and the adventures they could escape on by becoming book-a-holics in their own right.

Some of Kacey's favourite authors include: Suzanne Brockmann, JD Robb, Jaci Burton, Sara Brookes, Patricia A. Rasey, Sandra Brown, Rosalie Stanton, Jasmine Haynes, Maya Banks, Terri Schaefer, Lauren Dane, John Grisham, Cherry Adair ... to name a few.

For today's "Author Spotlight", Kacey talks about the inspiration behind Last Man Standing.



From Kacey

The inspiration for Last Man Standing came when I first joined Facebook. An old boyfriend "found" me, and we chatted about our lives since high school, family, my kids and such. After about a month of that, he asked to get together for coffee. So, that sounds nice and fun, right? Get together with an old friend—okay a guy who had broken my heart once--and shoot the breeze in person. However, this old boyfriend was “the one” that I would have given anything to keep back in the day. He was a player and had gals lined up around the corner. Anyway, to sum up a long story, we did meet for coffee…and I took my husband.

My hubby didn't mind at all, knew that a lot of years had passed for me, and was content to accompany me to the coffeehouse. Then the wheels started to turn about the premise for Last Man Standing, and the rest they say is history…

And one more thing...the 15-year-older version did not live up to old high school boyfriend. I have to say, things do change as years go by.

The characters in the book -- Jazz and Ryder -- both bring different things to the story. I like Jazz for her determination and wishing to have her only family and find Mr. Right; I like Ryder for his extreme sexiness and ultimate love for Jazz. It’s a friend-turned-lovers story that just reaches the heart.

The title for the story was my husband’s idea…or should I say his boasting! After the coffee with the old boyfriend, the hubby and I discussed what I thought of the ex (how things had changed and how he was a bigger jerk than I remembered LOL) and the hubby laughingly said “I wasn’t worried I’d be the last man standing”. We had a good chuckle over the whole thing.

The story is set in New York. I use some of the scenery as a backdrop to the city. It is one place I’ve always wanted to go and it’s on my bucket list.

About Last Man Standing:

For over a decade, Jazz has carried the wounds of a broken heart thanks to her high school sweetheart. But since she turned thirty, her heart and body have raced for her best friend. In a moment of passion and uncontrolled desire, she realizes her friendship with Ryder could be in jeopardy. Their friendship comes first, though, and she plans to ignore her body's desires.

When her ex drops back into her life, Jazz is thrilled, scared, and eager to show the man who broke her heart just what he's been missing. She's struck speechless, however, after sharing a heated moment in her office with him, Ryder throws down the gauntlet and confesses that he's always loved her. And he vows he won't let her go.

Read an excerpt here from Last Man Standing

Whispers Publishing

Barnes & Noble (Nook)





From Christina

Readers can learn more about Kacey’s books and contact her via …
Website/Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Amazon
Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment